Thursday, August 28, 2014

Belonging to Christ

     How are you holding up this week? I have started with praising God all four days so far. It’s a start! I definitely want to invest in making this a habit; waking each morning with a grateful heart and a recognition of my need for God.

     Looking for the unexpected blessings and humbling ourselves before Almighty God will bring joy to our hearts. I pray you see God’s beauty this last long weekend of summer. I will see you right back here on Wednesday morning. My husband and I are going to enjoy some days of relaxing and refreshment, including rides in our convertible and a trip to the State Fair.

     One of our vacation days will begin with a funeral. Our friend’s dad passed away last week after a few years with Alzheimer’s. He was 91. Life happens as we plan our days. Sometimes the blessings come in our ability to share a hug, to offer sympathy, to lend an ear.

     I’ll leave you with some words of comfort about this life and the next. We have Jesus in both.

If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Romans 14:8

He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may be together with Him.  1 Thessalonians 5:10

Jesus,
We belong to You today, tomorrow and forever. Make us aware of Your presence with us each morning as we welcome You into our lives. Whether we live or whether we die, it is for You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment