Friday, August 15, 2014

Our Salty Tears

     Someone we love is going through a difficult time. When you love someone that much you feel their pain and want to wash it away. God wants to do the same. As we complete our week on salt talk I thought about the fact that our tears are salty, too. God’s heart aches for us just as a father’s heart aches when his child is hurting.

     Psalm 6 is a Psalm of lament. Maybe you have experienced a time like this.

I am worn out from my groaning. All night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears.  Psalm 6:6

As David gives us insight into the depths of his grief, he reminds us later in that very same Psalm:

The Lord has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord accepts my prayer.  Psalm 6:9

     Here is another amazing fact about our salty tears. God lists each one.

Record my misery; list my tears on Your scroll-are they not in your record?  Psalm 56:8

And in the NKJV the same verse reads:

You number my wanderings. Put my tears into Your bottle. Are they not in Your book?  Psalm 56:8

     Our Father in heaven counts our tears, lists them, holds them and when we meet Him in full glory…

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death-or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. Revelation 21:4

     Let God catch those salty tears with His healing hands. He hears your cry. He feels your pain. He will answer your prayer. He loves you that much.

Dear Lord,
Comfort our sweet girl today and everyone else crying out to You. You hear every prayer and count every tear. Too wonderful for words. Shower us with Your love.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment