Monday, February 9, 2015

Stand in the Storm

     Cold and flu season is upon us. Yesterday I mustered up the energy to go on an errand or two with my husband and a short walk, after which I proceeded to watch several Hall mark movies in my miserable, tissue-laden, sneezy/wheezy state. Besides the movies my only distraction was trying to hit the wastebasket with my tissues (about six feet away) Yes, I am letting you into my wackiness today. My husband offered to move the wastebasket, but what fun is that?

     In the middle of the mire, there is hope. From the inside of the pit, there is a hand to help you out. Blessings surround us in our misery or in our hopelessness or loneliness. My husband still loves me even when I look like a train-wreck. We have our daughter’s wedding coming up and my cold will be gone! Praise God! Our daughter, Angela, is home from vacation and I get to see her tonight!

     Let’s look for the blessings today, whether it’s a mountain-top view or one from the valley. Christ loves us. He will share our burdens, give us Scripture filled with love and compassion. Read a Scripture on a subject made just for you this morning.

God has delivered me from going down to the pit, and I shall live to enjoy the light of life. Job 33:28

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.  Psalm 40:2

     Whether lying in bed, going through chemo, grieving a loss or having a blessed day, stand firm on the rock of faith. God has given us a firm place to stand. As I go back to lie down, I am going to remember the rock on which I stand. He will get us through.

Jesus,
Thank you for giving us a hand out of the pit, for giving us smiles when we are miserable, for standing with us in the mud and mire. You lift us up and give us hope. Bring hope to each of us today.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment