Monday, February 2, 2015

Working Together

     I love the fact that God uses us in so many unique ways. Have you allowed Him to use you in an unexpected way? He knows your personality, your weaknesses, your talents and your fears. Sometimes He even takes a weakness and uses His strength through it for His purposes.

     I facilitate a Bible study on Tuesday mornings for about 30 wonderful women. As a legally blind instructor I need a whole team to make this work. The beauty of working together inter-dependently is counter cultural.  We crave our independence, beleving we can do it all ourselves. We are strong! We are invincible! Now, don’t get me wrong. We can all use a good pep talk now and again and we do need to press forward on our own once in awhile.

     But Christ reminds us that we need each other. We are called into the church to work together as His body, each one doing our part. I am reminded of this truth each week as my sweet 84-year-old neighbor drives me to and from Bible Study. I am reminded of it when my husband and daughters read me some small print. I am reminded of it when the technology whiz at church helps me mirror the small screen to the large viewing screen and as I watch the 30 women around me minister to one another.

     We need each other through the valleys and the mountain-top experiences. We need others to be strong when we are weak. We need teachers to teach and the hospitable to welcome and serve and the serving heart to set up and clean up. We need the pastors to preach and the intercessors to pray. We need the administrators to keep us on track and the encouragers to give us those pep talks.

     Celebrate our differences today and, miraculously, celebrate how God weaves us together in a way that works. After all, we have one Spirit and One Father in heaven and He distributes the gifts.

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. But to each one of us, grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. Ephesians 4:4-7

Father,
We are all one in You. Teach us to appreciate each other and to work together as You see fit. Give us the gifts You desire to live out our purposes for You.
In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment