Monday, July 20, 2015

Brokenhearted

     I have a friend I have known and loved for 58 years. This year we turn 60. Yes, this has been a lifetime friendship. We have walked through life together; hopscotch and jacks, kickball, neighborhood plays, Beatle’s and Beach Boys, first crushes, high school hockey games, found our first jobs together, and I was there when she met her husband almost 40 years ago.

    Her husband was recently diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor and my heart is breaking. They are constantly on my mind and in my heart as I cry out to God for help. Comfort them, Lord. Strengthen them, Lord. Heal him, Lord. Help them, Lord. Their cry and mine are heard. Jesus is there with them and He is here with me.

     Are you going through a time of heartache and loss?

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

      The Lord is close. He cares for you and He cares for my friend and her husband. We don’t understand. Jesus will see us through somehow. He will never leave you. Never.

Father,
Heal our crushed spirits and broken hearts. Sometimes it feels as though our hearts might just break in two. Comfort those in mourning and lead us into Your peace.
In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment