Monday, September 21, 2015

Aging in the Lord

     The number transformed into a brand-new decade yesterday. And it’s a big number: 60! Many have not arrived at this age, once thought by me, to be ancient. Of course, Jesus changed my life almost thirty years now and I view others and life through His eyes. Or at least I attempt, with all of my human frailties, to see the world through Biblical eyes.

     Relationships are a gift from God. Treasure them. Say “I love you” even if it is awkward. Don’t take one breath of life for granted. Thank God for the blessings in your life. Take time to focus on God and what He desires for you. And focus on the needs of others more than on your own comfort or needs. That “other” focus will bless you as well.

     How do others recognize Christ in us? He tells us clearly.

“By this everyone will know you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:35

“This is to my Father’s glory that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” John 15:8.

     Show love to one another and bear much fruit. What is the fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.  Galatians 5:22-23

     Jesus will grow the fruit of love from within. He loved us first. Now go and be His disciple!  Life is short and precious and it’s all about love.

Lord,
Thank you for the blessings in my life. Thank you for each reader today. Please bless them with an outpouring of love to share.
In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment