Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Aging in the Lord

     I color my hair. I feel washed out and bland with my own natural hue. Blonde lightens the mood, lightens my appearance, makes me feel young. If you have gray hair? Count it a blessing! You are crowned! Listen to this:

Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness. Proverbs 16:31

     Wear it with confidence. It is your crown of splendor! And God will sustain us as we age.

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He. I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you.  Isaiah 46:4

Father,
We are grateful for those around us with gray hair and wrinkles. Help us to see them as You do, as beloved children. We will remind them of Your ability to sustain them, to carry them and to rescue them. You are with us from birth until death.
In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment