Monday, September 14, 2015

The Voice of Love

     Are there voices that soothe you…irritate you? Some may reverberate in a tone too loud or too soft to hear. Can you bring back the sound of voices from your past? I can still hear the voices of my grandparents and my parents even though they have been gone for many years.

     My grandpa, Ole, laughed as he spoke, upbeat, a bit goofy. My grandma, Pella, often scolded him, always in a loving way, and she spoke lovingly about Jesus, in her heavy Swedish accent. His name was pronounced as “Yesus” and mine, “Yudy”. I still miss them.

     My dad’s voice was a bit gruff from smoking. He was logical and loving. He tried to be a stern disciplinarian but never quite pulled it off.  My mom’s voice was sweet and kind and encouraging. I don’t remember seeing her angry. I long to be just like her.

     God’s voice is speaking to you each day. He loves you unconditionally and forever. He speaks through others. He speaks in His Word. He speaks to our hearts through the Holy Spirit. Tune out the voices around you and listen for His. If you grew up without those loving voices, let Him teach you how to be loved.

The Lord appeared to us in the past saying, “I have loved you with an everlasting love. I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord’s love is with those who fear Him and His righteousness with their children’s children.  Psalm 103:17

Father,
Your voice echoes with love from everlasting to everlasting. We need your love above all else. You have drawn us with unfailing kindness. Speak to us so that we have the confidence of being truly loved. You care for us and our lives.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment