Friday, November 6, 2015

Eternity Bound

     Jesus is the missing piece for everyone. The earth is not our true home. Our true home will be with Him. Author Randy Alcorn puts it this way: “We think that what we want is money, sex, drugs, alcohol, a new job, a raise, a doctorate, a spouse, a large-screen television, a new car or a vacation. What we really want is the Person we were made for, Jesus, and the place we were made for, Heaven. Nothing less can satisfy us.”

     Jesus is preparing a place made just for you. It will fit like a glove, match your greatest desire, and fulfill your every longing. In the meantime, seek His presence above all else. Spend good time with Him. Turn off the TV. Close the newspaper. Shut out the distractions and open His Word to you. He has the words to eternal life.

“In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also.” John 14:2-3

     If you are unsettled, uneasy, anxious or dissatisfied, remember you are away from home.

“If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.” C.S. Lewis

Father,
Your Son is preparing a place for us in our true home. Help us to focus on the things You want us to focus on, to give to the people you put in front of us, to listen to You above the spinning globe. You are coming to bring us home.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment