Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Gratitude in Forgiveness

     I am grateful for the forgiveness of Jesus. He has forgiven us, as believers, from past, present and future sins. They are nailed to the cross, each one of them. What a gift! My small, but extended family has a history of disagreements, misunderstandings, unresolved issues, confusion and even hostility.

     Maybe your family gets together with the proverbial “elephant in the room.”  We are hosting a get-together this year and, with much prayer, I believe everyone will be there. I have asked that we place the past in the past, understand we have all make mistakes and move on in forgiveness.

     We’ll see how it goes. Without Christ it is difficult to let our hurts and worries rest with Him. It may be impossible to resolve and let go of past deep hurts without Him. My deepest and most abiding prayer is for everyone to meet Jesus and to accept Him as Savior. He is the answer. And my prayer for all of us, including you and your family, is for peace-filled, tummy-filled, gatherings this season.

Father,
I ask for Your deep love to saturate all of our family gatherings this year. I pray Your Holy Spiritwill invade our homes and that many would look to You. When we understand Your forgiveness and Your love for us, we can extend it to others, even those who have hurt us.
In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment