Thursday, October 20, 2016

Contentment


     The apostle Paul was imprisoned, whipped, shipwrecked, went hungry and persevered. His deep joy and peace remained intact. Oh, how I wish we could all find a way to say the words he penned so long ago.:

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret to being content in any and every situation, whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Philippians 4:12

     How did Paul remain content through all of his suffering? There is only one way for all of us throughout our lives on earth. And the answer is Jesus and His ability to give us strength, joy and hope in the most dire circumstances. Here are Paul’s next words. Let them give you strength today.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Jesus,

You give us strength in all things. Not some, but all. Get us through each day being content in You. When we are weak, You are strong. When we doubt, You are faithful. When we are desperate, you bring hope. When we are restless, You bring peace. All things. We give them to You.

Amen

    

No comments:

Post a Comment