Monday, October 24, 2016

Our Redeemer Lives


     The book of Job may be the oldest book in the Bible. As you may know, Job was a righteous man, an obedient man of God. And he suffered greatly. All of his children died. He lost all of his possessions and had serious health issues. Through it all, even with the unsolicited and damaging advice from his friends, his faith in our God remains strong.

     Job speaks of eternal life. He knew that one day he would be with the Lord in his eternal home, where there would be no more suffering and loss. Listen to these ancient words:

I know that my redeemer lives and that, in the end, He will stand on the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God. I myself will see Him with my own eyes-I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me! Job 19:25-27

     Does your heart yearn for a better day? For suffering to be gone? Know that your redeemer lives. One day soon we will see Him with our own eyes and live with Him forever.

Jesus,

Thank You for these wise words. Even Job understood the new heaven and the new earth. To see You with our own eyes is something we all yearn to see. We await Your coming.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment