Monday, August 6, 2018

Favorites


     My friends tease me because I always use the word, “favorite.”  The definition of favorite includes, “preferred before all others of the same kind,” I guess they are right to tease. My favorite dessert is ice cream or cheesecake or apple pie. Each of my daughters is my favorite one!

     Above all else, yes, my one special favorite is, of course, Jesus. He trumps my favorite husband, my favorite kids and my favorite grandson, and my favorite friends, (each one my special favorite) I am blessed to have so many “favorites” in my life. And God has given me each one to treasure, but He needs to be first.

     When Jesus was asked about the greatest commandment, here is His answer:

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” Mark 22:30-31

     God first. Everyone else second. All special favorites. One is above all else. It is Jesus.

Lord,

We love You with all of our mind, our soul and our strength. You encompass all of the favorites around us. You are in everything. Help us to keep You first each day, at the top of our favorites list. And we thank You for the blessings of all of the other favorites in our lives.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment