Monday, August 27, 2018

She's 30!


     How is it possible for our first-born to be turning 30 today? The two of us were quite out of sorts for the first few weeks of her precious life. Luckily, my husband, (one of the unending list of reasons I am still madly in love) took good care of us. And, just as luckily, we both turned the corner from the crying, not-to-be soothed mom and baby, into a happy mommy-daughter duo that exists to this day.

     In addition to the impossibility of passing time, another real impossibility exists in trying to put into words how much this child means to me. From the quiet, kind and gentle spirit emanating from her even as a young child, from her earnest and careful first steps and her overly-neat eating patterns, she has emerged into the most beautiful, hard-working, organized, generous, funny and fashionable young women to grace our lives.

     Tears flow down my face freely as I ponder this young woman gifted to us by God. She is about to embark on marrying the love of her life and I see how deep she can love, including loving his two children with her whole heart. How lucky they are to have her and how lucky we are to have her as our daughter.

     Her faith is strong. I made numerous mistakes as a mom over the last 30 years, but introducing our children to Jesus is the most precious gift we had to offer and both daughters accepted Him whole-heartedly. What peace that brings.

     Happy birthday Angela. You truly are an angel to many, including your dad and me. We love you!

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 John 1:4

All your children will be taught by the Lord and great will be their peace. Isaiah 54:13

Start children off in the way they should go and even when they are old, they will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

Father,

Thankfulness and gratitude pour from my heart as I praise You for our children. May they continue to walk in the ways of our Lord, Jesus. Bless our daughter, Angela, today on her 30th birthday and bless her footsteps throughout this happy year ahead.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment