Monday, January 28, 2019

Testimonies


     Have you met Jesus?  If so, you have a testimony of faith. Our stories are personal and unique and they are meant to be shared. God uses our stories to shine His light before others.

     Many of you know, I finally came to my knees after a time of sorrow and upheaval in my life. My dad had died when I was only fourteen and my mom and I became close and dependent on one another. She became sick before our wedding and died the day after, without being able to attend. Directly I had also been diagnosed with an eye disease called retinitis pignmentosa and my husband lost his job.

     Seeking God in prayer and in writing, He answered my questions as only He can and my life since then has been filled with His peace and joy, unlike anything else on earth. He took me on a long and windy road along the way, but getting to know Him better and better over the years has been life-changing.

     My husband found a deeper relationship with Jesus after suffering a stroke. Coming to Jesus doesn’t always involve suffering, but it is those times in life often find us asking the deep questions. He is right there, waiting  for us to look up.

     Both of our daughters found Jesus at young ages. Lauren has always had a strong and abiding faith, from the time she was only 4 years old. In fact, I remember her asking me to lay hands on her tummy and pray for her to feel better, believing Jesus would heal her.

     Angela believed from a young age also, but her “born again” moment came at an event called, “Acquire the Fire,” with her youth group at church. Most of them were brought to tears with the stories and the music they experienced that evening.

     Did you know Jesus from an early age? Did it take a time ofcrisis to seek Him? Share His love with others if you know Him. This week, we will look at testimonies of some stories I have witnessed in my life. When we believe and understand Jesus and who He is and what He did, we can’t help but share.

My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord. Let every creature praise His holy name forever and ever. Psalm 145:21

As for us, we cannot help speaking of what we have seen and heard. Acts 4:20

Jesus,

You are ready with open and welcoming arms when we are ready to seek You. Give us the courage to speak of You boldly in the world around us.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment