Thursday, June 13, 2019

A Firm Foundation and A Steady Hand


The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in Him. Though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with His hand.  Psalm 37:23-24

     Stumbled a time or two along the way? Being legally blind finds me not only stumbling spiritually, but physically as well. Frustration can peak as a knee is bruised, another bump appears on my head, or I stumble holding a cup of coffee or knock over yet another glass of water.

     Luckily, the Lord helps me with a sense of humor and a heart of gratitude for all I have. My life is filled with wonderful people in my friends and family, who continue to be patient with and kind to me as my eyes deteriorate. Life is good and I am so grateful for each day and the fact that I still have central vision to watch the grandkids grow, to gaze at the ocean or the flowers, to see another sunrise or a sunset. Here is one of my life verses. I know I have shared it many times, but I hold it close to my heart as I stumble through life. Hang on to Jesus. He will give you a firm foundation.

I will lead the blind in ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them. I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do. I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16

     Isn’t this a great verse? It gives me hope emotionally, spiritually and physically. God guides us through the tough times, through the dark days, on the paths that are unfamiliar and sometimes frightening. He will never leave us nor forsake us. He will pick us back up, brush us off, and send us on our way.

Lord,

Your words continually inspire us with Your truth, Your light, Your hope. Give everyone the words they need today, for their hearts and minds and bodies. You give comfort for every aspect of life.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment