Thursday, June 20, 2019

Peace


     Our daughter is getting married in two days! We have waited for, prayed for, and anticipated this day for so long. Today’s blog is for all of us as we ask for the peace of Christ to sustain us through these next joy-filled days, to savor the moments and to soak in the blessings.

     I don’t know about you, but I crave the peace of Jesus each and every day. My personality causes me to fret and worry, to be in my head too much, to question too much, to try too hard. Our beautiful daughter inherited the same worry gene. Are you hungry for the peace of God? He tells us it is available.  In fact, He tells us to be anxious for NOTHING! 

Be anxious for nothing, but by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your needs known to God. And the peace of God that transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

     Ultimately, it comes down to trust. Do we have enough faith to trust God with everything? I say I do, but the worry and doubt creep in, especially during the night. But that sweet peace returns over and over again. Keep praying to Him. Keep believing Him. Keep thanking Him in advance for what He will do. Keep longing for His peace and thank Him for it. It is there for the asking.

     Paul’s letter to the city of Philippi tells us to learn from his example. The books of the Bible penned by Paul were written to guide us in the Christian life. Here are some of his words to follow.

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:9

     Jesus offers us a unique type of peace. It is not of this world. It is beyond it. A forever kind of peace, rooted in faith. I leave you today with more words from Christ Himself.

“Peace I leave with you. My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27

Lord,

Keep us filled with Your peace. It is unlike anything else in this world. Keep our hearts focused on You. We praise you for the love between our daughter Angela and her fiancé, (soon to be husband, De) Keep them in your peace and joy throughout the days, and bless them as they take these sacred vows.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment