Friday, June 28, 2019

A Prayed-Up Day


     It’s been an emotional week. Thanks for riding and reading along with me. I am an overly emotional person by nature. I sympathize, yearn to fix the things of which I have no control, cry easily and laugh too much. I broke down in tears today, not in sadness, but in release. I held it together for our daughter’s wedding ceremony. It was my first wedding to officiate and my own daughter! Still boggles my mind that God brought me through.

     So many prayers covered us on Saturday. So many prayers covered the weather, which turned out to be ideal. Prayer is vital. I hope you have prayer warriors in your life. Mine are the best. When I ask for prayer, they are faithful. It is truly a gift that fills me with emotion. (well, no surprise there)

     I have felt the power of prayer so many times over the years. When dealing with heavy grief, prayer sustains us. When we are filled with joy, prayer doubles it. When we face chaos, prayer gives us peace. Prayers of gratitude bring us to praising our God.

     Our personal prayer-time with Jesus is essential, both in sharing and in listening. His voice is real and He will give us specifically what we need. Jesus gives us just what we need, not what we want. If He had granted all of my wishes throughout my life, my life would be a disaster.

     I have a coffee mug that reads, “A day hemmed in prayer will never unravel.” Hem your days in prayers. Begin each day and end each day with Jesus.

Proclaiming your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night. Psalm 92:2

     Pray throughout your days. Jesus will never leave your side.

Pray continually. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

     Take a minute right now to open your heart to Jesus. What are your needs today? Safe travel? Prayers for a loved one? Hope for an anxious friend? The right words to share? Gratitude for the blessings? Trust Him to answer. And to my prayer warriors? I pray a prayer of thanksgiving for all of you.

I thank my God every time I remember you. Philippians 1:3

Lord,

We need to be in prayer with You and we need others to pray for us. You intercede right along with us to answer our prayers. How grateful I am to have such faith-filled prayer warriors in my life. Give them and each person reading this blog a sense of Your loving presence right this minute.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment