Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Beside


     We need people in our lives to walk beside us, to love us. Life is better when it is shared. Our joys are doubled and our sorrows are halved. God can be our closest companion. When we are lonely, He is beside us, always present. His righteous right hand lifts us up and gives us strength.
You make known to me the path of life. You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand. Psalm 16:11
     The presence of God will never, ever leave us. We will be by His side through all eternity. Several friends have lost loved ones over the last three weeks. Grief is a long journey, and not being able to celebrate the life of a loved one with others, compounds that grief. But knowing where they are, brings us back to hope and the knowledge that we will be with them again. For now, God will hold us up when we can’t do it alone.
So, do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
Surely Your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6
Father,
Comfort those who grieve. Give them hope and peace. Stay right beside them with Your eternal love.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment