Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Humility


     Crises, like the one the world faces right now, bring us to our knees. I saw a moving picture of a group of ER doctors in New York, kneeling in a large circle outside their hospital, praying and seeking God’s help..
     When we come to the end of ourselves, when we suffer greatly, when we see the full glory of God, it humbles us. Humility is the place we begin to find Jesus. And He is waiting with open arms.
     When the prophet Isaiah was allowed to see inside the throne room of God, here is his response:
“Woe is me,” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.” Isaiah 6:5
     Seeing ourselves compared to a holy God allows us to recognize our great need for Him. What a beautiful spot to give ourselves to God, a place of humble surrender. As Jesus began to call His disciples and they began to understand just who He was, they responded like Peter:
When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees and said, “Go away from me Lord. I am a sinful man!” Luke 5:8
     Recognizing God’s holiness, seeing Jesus for who He is and what He has done, brings us to humility. This is where we seek Him and this is where we begin and this is what He will do.
Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will lift you up. James 4:10
     Let God fill the needs of your soul today. Allow Him to lift you up. Ask Him to meet you right where you are and feel His holy presence wrapping you in His mighty arms of protection.
Father,
We kneel before You. Heal our land. Heal our souls. Heal those who are sick. We need You.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment