Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Rebirth


     As we look to creation around us this spring, new life can offer inspiration to our weary hearts. Jesus redeems and renews.  He offers rebirth, a new way to live. As a believer for 30 years, I have seen the transforming power of Jesus over and over again. He saved my brother, Jim, as his body gave way to Parkinson’s. People came around him in miraculous, mind-blowing ways and he could no longer deny and turn from the presence of the God who longed to save him.
     I have seen His power in redeeming addicts over and over again, changing lives for His glory. I have witnessed His peace as I ministered in crisis care. This peace and joy of our Lord could be seen in the faces of those in hospice care, of those grieving the loss of their spouse or child, in dealing with cancer, and the list goes on. The spiritual power of Christ gives us this deep peace, unlike anything on earth. His love is over-powering, sacrificial and ever-present.
     I pray for you who read this blog and I pray, always, that God’s word will bring you that peace and joy and hope and love, through everything life throws at us. Do you feel it right now? Let your heart be renewed, bringing fresh hope.
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
     I give you this last verse as a blessing over you today.
May the God of all hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment