Monday, March 22, 2021

Right Here, Right Now

 

     Our precious, smart, funny three-year-old grandson, said, “I like being three!”  I wondered if I liked being sixty five?  The answer became complicated. Most days I still feel young in spirit, aging in body and blessed to be where I am. Currently. I am trying to live in the moment. My tendencies and personality often lead to worry, sleeplessness, and fretfulness.

     How about you? Are you content with where you are at this moment? One of the wisest, most loyal, honest and responsible men I have ever met, was my father-in-law, Bert. Both of my parents died way too young and I was fortunate to have another mom and dad in my in-laws. Bert remained healthy and active, still driving and taking care of his home into his 90’s. Over the last few years of his life, he would add ½ years to his age. If we would mention he was 94 or 95, he would correct us at the six-month mark and say, “95 ½.” He was as proud of his age as our grandson.

    Whatever your age, whatever season of life in which you find yourself, appreciate it today. Only God knows the number of our days. You are here for a season. You are here at this time. Your life, short or long, has meaning and purpose. “I like being 65 ½.” Try it.    

     Wherever you find yourself today, whatever age you are experiencing at this moment, you are God’s precious miracle. He sees your life. He knows you. He has made you, wonderful you!

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful I know that full well. Psalm 139:14

Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are Your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Psalm 139:16-17

Father,

Give us the wisdom to appreciate our days, to savor the moments, to like where we are, today, right now, precious in Your sight.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment