Friday, March 22, 2024

Do Not Lose Heart

 

     I had, what I am convincing myself was a “funny” moment this week reminding me of my age. Our daughter, granddaughter and I had an outing with the Easter bunny and as we were leaving the mall, Brooklyn wanted to sit on a bench. As we sat, an elderly couple walked by very slowly. I am guessing they were in their mid- eighties or nineties in age. The woman was frail, bent over and walking with a cane. Brooklyn looked at them and shouted, “Nana!”

     Now, that was a wake-up call! This month we have four memorial services and another in April, another reminder of the smaller number of days ahead, than behind. We baby boomers have been through much, including saying our earthly goodbyes to family and friends.

     But we do not lose heart. Jesus knows the number of our days. Some will live long lives. Many will not. Those who know me, know the following are my life verses. I share them often, and once again, they fit.

Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are growing day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, for what is seen is temporary and what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

     Live for each moment. Savor every blessing. Be reminded of the sweet memories and make more. Wondering what God’s will is for your life? The Bible answers us with words to embrace.

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

     Thankful, prayerful, joy-filled lives. I can get into that, even at this advanced age.

Father,

Thank You for these little ones in our lives that speak their minds. Thank You for the reminders to keep going and not to lose heart, to focus on the unseen and to be thankful, joyful, and prayerful.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment