Friday, November 1, 2013

A Word for the Weekend

     Do you believe the Bible is true? Did you know there is more evidence that Jesus walked the earth than almost any other person living all of those years ago? Did you know that hundreds of prophecies have come true, prophecies written by many different authors in the Bible with staggering accuracy, that is statistically impossible?

     Jesus foretold many things that are yet to come. He also made sure we understand He is the living God, the Word come to life. He is the way to the Father and there is no other way. As C.S. Lewis said, we have to make a decision, either Jesus was a lunatic, a liar or He is Lord.

     I know years ago, before I knew Jesus when people talked about Him or the Holy Spirit in an intimate way, I would stare back with a blank look on my face. And now, the joy and hope He has given me makes me want to bring Him up at every opportunity. It’s the same way I felt as a new mom and, as I am sure I will feel, as a new grandma one day. Have you seen her? Would you like to hear more? Let me tell you about what she did today.

     I get the blank stares now. There she goes again! But He is real. It is true. Take a peek! Come and see. Seek Him. He is worth it. He is truth.

     John, at the end of the last two chapters of his Gospel writes these Words:

Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not recorded in this book, but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name.  John 20:30-31

This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that His testimony is true. Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.  John 21:24-25

Enjoy the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment