Friday, May 1, 2015

Delight in the Word

     We have been studying the Word all week. The Word of God is God-breathed, active and alive, sharper than a two-edged sword. Jesus is the Word of God come to life! This gives us reason to continue to study and comprehend, to meditate on and to look into the Word.

     Read Psalm 119 sometime. It is a lengthy Psalm, but speaks over and over again of the Word, the law, the commands of God. Here are a few verses to meditate on today.

I rejoice in Your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on Your precepts and consider Your ways. I delight in Your decrees; I will not neglect Your Word. Psalm 119:14-16

Teach me Lord, the way of Your decrees, that I may follow it to the end. Give me understanding so that I may keep Your law and obey it with all my heart.  Psalm 119:33-34

Your Word, Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens. Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures.  Psalm 119:89-90

Dear Jesus,
You, the Word, give us light and hope and a path to follow. Keep us faithful to Your Word even when it is difficult. Teach us Your ways and let us follow them. You have the Words to eternal life. The Word stands firm in the heavens, forever.
Amen
e that was to come into the world.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment