Thursday, November 30, 2017

Refreshed


     The refreshing power of the Holy Spirit is available to all of us who believe. In need of refreshment? My wonderful husband is retiring after almost 30 years at the same company. He is in need of refreshment and rejuvenation. I am more than grateful for him. He has been provider, protector and partner and I pray we have many years together in this next season of life.

     What does the word “refreshment” bring to mind? Rest, relaxation, a vacation, a time of quiet and reflection? Maybe all of the above for us in the years to come. I pray the Lord will guide us as we listen for His leading in the places we go, the people He places in our lives and the purposes He has in mind.

     Refresh yourself today in God’s Word. Take some time to reflect on life, on what is important, on blessing the people around you. It is what life is all about. My husband has and will always be the greatest blessing God has provided for me.

I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. Jeremiah 31:25

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. Psalm 19:7

A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25

Jesus,

Thank You for the blessings You have given us. Give my husband times of refreshing and bless those who refresh others.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment