Monday, December 18, 2017

A New Thing


    For the last couple of years, rather than a resolution, I have picked a word for the coming year. Two years ago, I chose “authentic.”  Living as a child of God and becoming the person He created me to be, is a work in progress. But I yearn for the peace He offers and for the joy of the Holy Spirit to be within me no matter the circumstances, no matter the people I am with, no matter the suffering. Authentic.

     Last year I chose the word, “beginnings.” I stepped down from two positions I loved and cherished that had blessed me over and over, leadership in a crisis ministry and teaching a wonderful group of women in deep Bible study. What would come next? God always has something new ready for us when change comes upon us.

     The word became a self-fulfilling prophecy, not only for me, but for my entire family. My husband was given an opportunity to retire early, our youngest daughter became pregnant with our first grandchild, and our older daughter is in a new and serious relationship. What an amazing God! What does your new year have in store? Watch and wait. I’ll let you know my word for next year.

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up. Do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:19

Father,

You are always working in our lives. Keep us watchful and aware as you move us to change, as you seek new beginnings for our lives, as we allow You to guide our ways in the years to come.

In Jesus name,

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment