Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Discipline and Discipleship


     God has challenged me throughout my faith life. I have volunteered for ministries that were just not meant to be fulfilled by me! My friend, Kim, talked me into leading the entire vacation Bible school at our church many years ago. Luckily, she ended up doing most of the work. The gift of administration, finding volunteers, ordering supplies, finding spots for 120 children and leading opening worship left me with sleepless nights and feelings of despair!

     Finding my spiritual gifts was one of the most valuable lessons God gave to me. Many times, the discipline comes from doing the wrong things even when our hearts are in the right place.

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but all of them and in everyone, it is the same God at work. 1 Corinthians 12:4-6

     I highly recommend investigating the Spiritual gifts of our God. They are found in many places in Scripture. For example, 1 Corinthians 12, Romans 12 and Ephesians 4. There are spiritual gifts inventories and tests available on line. God needs each one of us, all different parts of the same body. Don’t learn the hard way like me! Allow Him to find your specific gifts. Using our designated gifts bring joy and peace, rather than unrest. They will fit you, your personality, your natural gifts and your values like a glove!

Father,

You teach us in so many ways. Help us to find our fit within the body of Christ, so that we can fulfill the desires of Your heart.

In Jesus name,

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment