Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Home


     I still miss my childhood home. I was one of the lucky ones to have a safe home with loving parents. After my dad died when I was fourteen, my mom and I become best friends. Even as an adult out on my own, I often ran back home to mom, for words of wisdom, for loving arms, and a listening ear, not to mention enjoying my favorite comfort foods.

     Home is where our hearts reside. My mom was in the hospital dying on my wedding day. It was the best and most difficult day of my life. God provided a safe home with my husband at just the right time. Mom died the following day and I still miss her after more than 30 years.

     I relish these days as a mom and grandma. My parents did not live to meet our daughters, and I recognize and appreciate these days. I pray that our daughters, their husbands and children will consider our home as “home” to them as well.

     And one day soon, we will go to our final home in heaven. I long for the day when I will see my mom and dad, my grandparents, and my friends who have gone on ahead. How about you? I pray you have safe and loving places on earth. Our forever home is with Jesus.

     He is here with us now and He provides what we may be missing.  He offers comfort, protection, nourishment for the soul and unconditional love. If you didn’t experience the safe, loving arms of your earthly parents, or are grieving a lost sense of “home,” run to Jesus, our eternal best friend, parent and Savior forevermore.

Instead, they were longing for a better country-a heavenly one. Therefore, God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them. Hebrews 11:6

For we know that if the earthly tent in which we live is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal home in heaven, not built by human hands. 2 Corinthians 5:1

But our citizenship is in heaven and we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ. Philippians 3:20

Jesus,

Thank You for the promise of our heavenly home. You gave up so much to give us a way to be with You forever. Thank You for the love You place around us as we live our lives on earth. We are grateful.

Amen

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful Judy. Our home will always be a safe, loving and faith filled home for our family.

    ReplyDelete