Monday, November 26, 2018

Faith and Fellowship


     Do you decorate for the holidays? I have several light-up churches that take up the shelves in our office. One of them was given to me by my mother-in-law many years ago. They bring me joy. When I remember the church of my youth or celebrating at Central Lutheran in downtown Minneapolis when my uncle came to town, or the church we stood in as we spoke our wedding vows, or the church our daughters grew up in and the church where I became a Stephen minister and Bible study leader, I recognize and appreciate the necessity and the value of fellowship.

     Worshipping our God together gives us strength and deep joy. Getting to know other believers as we dig deeper into the Bible or share stories of life, or pray together for one another brings wisdom and encouragement as we move through life. Jesus is there in the midst of the building, in the hearts of the brothers and sisters, in the words of the pastor, in the fellowship of love.

And let us consider how we may spur one another on to toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another-and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

     Let other believers encourage you and build you up. Study the Word together, pray together as we await the return of Christ.

Father,

Thank You for providing us with brothers and sisters in the faith. We are grateful. We come together in praise and worship and love.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment