Monday, August 5, 2019

Trusting God in Worry


     What would it look like, feel like…how would we act, talk, or think…how would we change, if we truly trusted God with our lives, including giving Him the worries and cares of our families, friends, work and leisure? Most importantly, what keeps us from doing just that?

     I have shared in the past that one of our daughters and I have struggled with anxiety off and on over our lives. My mom was an anxious worrier as well.  It comes naturally. (sorry dear daughter)

     Three of my close friends have dealt with anxiety recently and, I would say, from my perspective, pointless worry and anxiety have kept me from complete trust in our loving God. This week come along with me as we look at Scripture to  help ease our minds, to show us how to give up control, and to allow Him to work. Above all, to trust Him with the outcomes of whatever is going on in our lives.

     So do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10

     God is with us. He will strengthen us, help us and hold us up. It is His desire to be enough for each moment. Let’s believe it together. Give Him all of your cares today.

Cast all of your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.  1 Peter 5:7

     Did you hear that? The Creator of the heavens and the earth, the One who vanquished death, the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, cares for you! He is enough.

Jesus,

Strengthen our hearts in trust. Give us Your precious right hand as we navigate the mountains and the valleys of this life. Help us to place all of our trust in You.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment