Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Cast Your Cares


     Our heavenly Father is in control. His wish for us is to trust Him completely with our lives, to believe He has us in the palm of His mighty hands. How about a day without worry? Having loved Jesus with a deep faith for thirty years, I have seen Him deepen my faith through suffering, deny my wishes when He knew they weren’t right for me, delight me with His miraculous ways time and time again, and defend me when I needed it most.

     Listen to the words of Scripture and allow Jesus to take away your worries and your burdens. He cares for us.

“Therefore, I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, not about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air. They neither sow nor reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to the span of life?” Matthew 6:25-27

“Come to Me all who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

     God is watching over you. Cast all of your cares on Him.

Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

     As our trust grows in our God, the one who promises us eternal life, the one who sent His only Son to die for us, the one who cares for the birds of the air, the one we can trust to keep all of His promises, we can find peace. Here is another promise to fill your heart.

“Peace I leave with you. My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27

Father,

We take the words of Jesus into our hearts and souls today, trusting Him with all of our cares and worries. Fill us with that peace that passes all understanding as we give all of our lives to You. You are faithful and unchanging.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment