Wednesday, October 2, 2019

His Marvelous Ways


     This week I have been striving for more flexibility, away from the sometimes rigid and controlling plans of my own. Jesus can change me with words from wise friends, with my conscience giving me clues to right and wrong, and through our plum line, the Bible.

     But I have come to a realization. Deep down, I appreciate my ordinary life, filled with its routine. I know it fits me at this season of my life. Maybe, just maybe, God ordained it this way.

     Has he allowed you a life to fit your deep-seeded personality and your gifts? How marvelous are His ways. With my eyesight deteriorating, I am more than grateful to have a patient husband, supportive daughters and their families and great friends who still want to hang around with me and places where I feel safe and secure.

     God understands each of us, in whatever season of life we find ourselves. His ways will work with you, wherever you are, in whatever place you live, with the people surrounding you, to help you be at peace and filled with joy. Most of all, we have Jesus.

God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways. He does great things beyond our understanding. Job 37:5

For you are great and do marvelous deeds. You alone are God. Psalm 86:10

The Lord has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes. Psalm 118:23

     Wherever life finds you today, give praise to the Lord. He has done and will continue to do marvelous deeds in your life and in mine. He will allow and encourage changes in us and He will find the perfect places and people to surround us. Let Him be sufficient for your days, routines and all.

Lord,

How marvelous are your ways! You find a perfect fit for us throughout our lives. Guide us into praising You each day and listening to Your voice.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment