Monday, October 28, 2019

Pain and Promise


     Have you ever pleaded with God? The words are often deep and painful. Sometimes just, “please, please, please,” is all we can muster. I have prayed these words numerous times through the decades. After my dad died when I was 14.  When my mom was dying of cancer right before my wedding. When my husband suffered a stroke. And when I was diagnosed with a debilitating eye disease. The house fire that took most of our family treasures. You have your stories, too.

     Sometimes God does not answer us in our preferred timing and within our most desperate desires. When we ask Him to heal and there is no healing, when we pray for anxiety or depression to be lifted and we continue to suffer, when we ask for a miracle and there is none.

     Trusting God through all of our experiences, including our deepest losses takes time and experience. God uses our pain to work miracles in the lives of others. He uses suffering to build us up in compassion and humility. He uses suffering to draw us closer and closer to Him.  God knows we live in a fallen world. He lived among us, upon the earth.

“I have told you these things, so that, in Me, you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33

     The only true and lasting peace within our souls is found in Jesus. He offers us this true peace and calm, whatever the circumstances. In His words above, He reminds us, we will have trouble.  Not maybe or just some of us will have trouble. We know this to be true.

     Through our times of sorrow and trouble, He is there with us. How has He used your times of suffering? With Him, all things are possible.

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26

     Looking for a way through? Holding out for answers from the depths? Look no further than Jesus. He will be your constant companion. He will sit beside you as your tears fall. He will lift you up after a time in the darkness. He is our Savior. Let your soul find peace.

Lord,

How often we don’t understand our circumstances. We cry out to You. Comfort us. Teach us. Guide us. Give us humility and compassion as we make our way through.

In Jesus name,

Amen

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are ministering for Jesus, It makes me sad to see so many people we love & know do not know Jesus (Not Saved) and have no idea what a difference it makes to know that you are never alone. I am not a perfect Christian, but I know I couldn't live my life without Him <>< Thank you neighbor <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this reminder Judy. We all need to remember that God hears and answers our prayers. Maybe not exactly what we want but what he knows we need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Judy for another inspirational message. Sometimes we think we walk alone with our stories only to find so many others who have walked our paths only in different ways. I remember feeling like no one goes through what my family had to so young. Then I read your story and learn you lost your Dad when you were 14 and your mom was dying from cancer at your wedding. Little did I know how much we shared. My dad died from cancer in 11th grade at Thanksgiving when I was 15 almost 16 years old. 4 years later mom got cancer and died at Thanksgiving before my 21st birthday. I was just engaged in September, Mom died in November and my wedding was in July, right after she died from cancer. We are never alone. Jesus lifts us up through the darkness to the path light. He comforts us and guides us down that path of life wrapping us in his loving arms and showing us the way. Thanks for sharing your story Judy! I find it so comforting to know someone shares parts of my own story! God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete