Friday, January 31, 2020

Life Shared Spiritually


      There is something above the relationship among Christians that is deep and nourishing. When two Christians meet for the first time, there is an immediate bond. I remember one day, as I waited for my husband to be done with a dental appointment, a woman and I began a conversation in the waiting room.

     The conversations couldn’t have lasted more than ten minutes. In that very short time, we shared family news and ended up talking about our favorite Bible studies. As my husband came out, we hugged and said we would pray for each other.

     My husband often shakes his head as I make yet another best friend. That is the life Christ gives us. We have true brothers and sisters all over the world. We have the ability to pray for each another, to be close spiritually, no matter the number of miles between us, even as death separates us, and we forge instant connections. The relationships are immediate and real, because Christ is in the center of them.

So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and everyone members, one of another. Romans 12:5

Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. Hebrews 13:1

Father,

Today, we thank You for the body of Christ. Keep us united as we take care of one another in love.

In Jesus name,

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment