Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The Word In Our Hearts


Your instructions are written on my heart. Psalm 40:8

The law of their Lord is in their hearts. Their feet do not slip. Psalm 37:31

     God’s instruction book for us is alive and powerful. If our hearts are filled with God’s word, we can rise above the world around us to gain the wisdom of our Creator. The Holy Spirit will guide us into writing the thoughts and commands of our Heavenly Father on our hearts. He has promised to do so.

“I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God and they will be My people.” Jeremiah 31:33b

     When God’s words are etched in our hearts, we become a willing participant in His ways, more and more able to walk in His will, His perfect and good will. He will keep us strong and faith-filled as we walk in the world around us. As the verse above says, “Their feet will not slip.”

Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Psalm 119:11

     Think about filling your heart more and more with God’s wonderful instruction book of life. His word is meant for our use.

All Scripture is God-breathed, and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” 2 Timothy 3:16

Lord,

Let Your holy scriptures fill our hearts with power, wisdom, strength, comfort and encouragement. We need Your steadfast presence each day. Help our minds to take it in and our hearts to keep it safely hidden as a treasure to be taken out and savored again and again.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment