Monday, January 27, 2020

Life Shared


     There is a Swedish proverb that reads, “Shared joy is double joy, shared sorrow is half a sorrow.” God created us to share life together. He designed marriage, along with the gift of children, for some. He created friendship and family and love.

     When our lives are filled with deep connections and commitment to one another, it becomes easier to navigate what can be a treacherous journey at times. When I was a little girl and something wonderful or something awful occurred at school, I couldn’t wait to get home and tell my mom and dad. They had answers. They congratulated, comforted and corrected me along with way.

     Now, I share my concerns, my joys with my family and friends.  What a blessing and a privilege it is to be open and authentic with those we love, listening and lifting one another up with encouragement and hope.

     Walking alongside others throughout our lives is not always easy, but it is always worthwhile. If you find yourself alone, remember God is your constant companion. You can run to Him with all that is in your heart and He will find others to surround you. Here is a verse to take along with you as you go through this day.

Rejoice with those who rejoice, mourn with those who mourn. Romans 12:15

Lord,

I thank You for all of the people is my life, my husband and children, my sons-in-law and my grandchildren, my friends and acquaintances and my extended family. Keep all of our eyes open to those in need. Show us how to walk beside others, even for a little while.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment