Friday, September 20, 2013

Celebrating the Gift

     It is my birthday today. I am blessed to have a loving family and wonderful friends to celebrate with me. Do you have something to celebrate today? My friend, Connie, begins each day with this prayer. “Dear Lord, thank you for the breath of life today.” That is a great way to start a new day. I wish you joy in your heart, a reason to smile, and a song to sing. Here is a poem I wrote a few years ago. We have something to celebrate everyday in Jesus and the greatest gift ever given.

Dear Lord, I fall upon my knees, so empty, oh so weak.
Darkness has encompassed me, ‘til only You I seek.

There You are with loving grace, You take me as I am.
Gently now you gather me in the arms of the Lamb.

With face upturned, a light begins to stir me from within.
Washed afresh, sins forgiven, my new life does begin.

My heavenly home was made secure there on Calvary.
You, my dear Savior, dwelled on earth and died for me.

And now not only do I have Your Word to light my way.
Your Holy Spirit lives in me to guide me day by day.

Teach me how to serve You, to love others as You do.
I put my faith, I place my trust, in the One and Only You.

Take away my fear and doubt as the chaos does ensue.
When I suffer, when I grieve, You will walk me through.

The very earth around me now groans for your return.
Oceans swirl, tornadoes twirl, volcanoes smoke and churn.

Every soul is yearning for some answers, for release.
Let my prayer, my desire, to share with them Your peace.

All I ask is to know You more, to finish out the race.\
Until one glorious day, I will meet You face-to-face.

Let Your Word spread to every nation, every knee will bow.

Eternal light will shine forever, may it shine upon us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment