Thursday, October 17, 2013

Creative Design

The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”  Genesis 2:18

      Today I am celebrating the unique one-of-a-kind design of my husband, It is his 60th birthday today and I thank my God for him. Not only does God design us, but He weaves a pattern and places the right people in our lives at just the right time.  He brings people in and out of our lives for a purpose

     My husband and I are polar opposites in many respects. He clips coupons. I am a spender. He sees the world in black and white and focuses on one thing at a time. I see the world in different hues and am continually distracted. My love languages are physical touch and words and he does not like to cuddle or talkJ  Somehow, someway, over the years, we have begun to appreciate those opposite attributes and have come to a beautiful place.
    
“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator made them male and female,” and said, “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”  Matthew 19:4-5

     How do two opposite beings become one flesh? It is God’s miraculous way. Who can you celebrate today? Who has God woven into your life to make a treasured design? Tell them they are loved and appreciated. The love of my life is 60 today. God made him just for me.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the loved ones in our lives. Show us how to love and appreciate them, how to celebrate them. Each day is precious, each person is unique. Show us how to weave our differences into a beautiful pattern used to glorify You.
In Jesus Name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment