Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Persevering With Prayer and Peace

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.  John 14:27

     “Do not be afraid,” Jesus says to us. My daughter and I have suffered from panic attacks in the past. They come out of nowhere and there seems to be no escape from the claustrophobic feeling of fear and dread that encapsulates the entire body. Am I dying? Am I going to faint? Why can’t I breathe? All of those fears come flooding to the surface.

      Our world is filled with dread and fear, with anxiety and depression. I believe Jesus has the power to heal us if we persevere in our faith and trust in Him. He will heal our souls in the deepest way, to give us the peace of Christ. The definition for “perseverance” is to continue, to be steadfast.

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in you.  Isaiah 26:3

     Trusting in Him, keeping our minds set on Him, keeping our souls in perfect peace. That all sounds wonderful. How do we do that with the world rushing around us? Here are some special verses that have helped me and my precious daughter, Angela. These are good verses to memorize and tuck away in your hearts for those anxious moments in life.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

     Notice these verses say to be anxious for NOTHING, and to pray in EVERY situation. He is available and ready to take each anxious thought captive and to give us that perfect peace. Let’s remain steadfast and continue in our faith, growing to trust Him with every moment. He will guard our hearts and our minds.

Dear Lord,
We give you our requests and petitions today. Take away our fears and replace them with your perfect peace. You understand our anxious thoughts. Remove them and replace them with Your love and grace. We give everything to you in prayer, with thanksgiving.
In Jesus Name
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment