Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Unseen Things

     “Unseen Things” could be the title for my life. I miss a lot going on around me. A LOT! With no peripheral vision, there is a whole world operating around me, just beyond my sight. I miss handshakes at church, full cups sitting on the counter, and the curb right in front of me as I walk. Even large print is becoming difficult to read. Adjusting from sunlight to the inside of a store takes much longer than for most.

     I am blessed to have patient family members and friends willing to assist me along the way. My 83-year-old neighbor brings me to the Bible study I facilitate every Tuesday. It makes me smile.

     What are you missing in your life? Are your senses beginning to dim with age? Are you missing someone you love or waiting for a new love in your life? Are you missing out on the inner life of the Spirit? I guarantee Jesus can fill in the missing pieces in your life. Maybe He will ask YOU to fill in the missing pieces in someone else’s life. You may have heard this verse before, since it is my favorite and you may read it again. Jesus will give you Words to fill your heart, too.

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them. I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.  Isaiah 42:16

     You may have heard this before, too. Jesus changes everything. Allow Him to make the rough places smooth before you and to turn your darkness into light.

Dear Jesus,
You make the impossible seem possible and use us to do Your work in all kinds of ways. Would you fill each reader’s missing pieces in their lives today? You are with us. You are the One with the missing pieces in our lives. It is You.
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment