Monday, July 7, 2014

Remember

     I remember my mom mentioning how the years seemed to move faster as you get older. Now I understand. We spent time with my husband’s college buddies over the last two weeks. Remembering old times brings smiles and an acknowledgement that time is moving too fast.

     We continue to build memories. Our youngest daughter will be getting married in less than a year. Again, we have been reliving memories of babies and toddlerhood, the teenage years and watching our amazing girls move into adulthood. I wouldn’t have believed it could move this fast and I didn’t believe my mom when she told me it would. Remember to capture the memories each day. Today will be the yesterday of your memories.

     Love in marriage, love in parenthood, love in friendship all hold a special place in our hearts. Allow Jesus to take center stage through it all. As you make memories today, He will be there with you. He will be there when you say hello to that first baby, when you say goodbye for a time or until eternity. He wants you to live life to the full. This week I want to share some memories as we all continue to make new ones, both remembering and looking ahead.

Remember the days of old; consider the generations long past. Ask your father and he will tell you, your elders, and they will explain to you. Deuteronomy 12:7

Dear Father,
We praise You today for our lives, and we thank You for our precious memories. Remind us everyday to take in each moment, to savor the sweet time with our loved ones and to look forward to each breath you give us.
In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment