Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Boldly Confident in Christ

     It doesn’t take much to experience defeat. Just one wrong word from a co-worker, a failed test, a wrong turn, a faulty alarm, or a missed appointment can ruin our day. We are shaken and we lose our self-confidence. What would life be like, how would it change, if we placed our confidence in Jesus? What if it was no longer about us, but about Him?

     When our confidence and our faith depend on Him, we lose our self focus, our guilt-ridden thoughts and our shaky foundation. Let Him take the reins this morning. Leave Him with the unrest in your mind and heart and soul. Be bold in Jesus, not in yourself. He can handle all of the indecision and all of the questions.

And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again. 2 Corinthians 5:15

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God. Who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20

If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31b

Jesus,
You gave everything for us. Keep us focused on You today. You are for us and our confidence is in You. Help us to be bold and courageous as we move about in the world today.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment