Thursday, August 27, 2015

Great is the Peace of the Children

     Today is our daughter’s birthday; her golden birthday and tonight we celebrate her! If you have children, you understand the deep bond. God built us to be in relationship. Love cannot be explained or easily put into words, but we feel it and believe it to our very core.

     As we let go through the stages of the lives of our children and see them grow into adulthood, we look back and see God’s hand of protection and love. God knew Angela before she was born. He saw her in my womb and has watched over her. I count on that.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful. I know that full well. Psalm 139:13-14

     I come boldly and confidently to Jesus recognizing He loves her even more than me!! Seems impossible, but He has loved her with an everlasting love. And the good news is, she loves Him right back; a mother’s prayer fulfilled.

I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me and that all go well for them and for their children after them. Jeremiah 32;39

All your children will be taught by the Lord and great will be their peace. Isaiah 54:13

     We love you Angela. What a gift! What a blessing! What a joy! We celebrate you!

Father,
We thank you for the gift of Your Son. As parents we can’t imagine the pain of His suffering and His loneliness at being separated from You. Thank you for the gift of marriage and children. Today we thank you for our daughter, Angela. She is fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful. Bless her and keep her always.
In Jesus name,
Amen

We are on vacation!  See you September 8th. Meditate on God’s Word everyday!


No comments:

Post a Comment