Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My Redeemer Lives

     As we marvel at God’s creation, as we stare into the endless sky or witness the vast expanse of the ocean or the majesty of a mighty oak, we come to a place of humility and reverence. We cannot fathom our gracious God.

How great is God-beyond our understanding! The number of His years is past finding out. He draws up the drops of water, which distill as rain in the streams. The clouds pour down their moisture and abundant showers fall on mankind. Who can understand how He spreads out the clouds, how He thunders from His pavilion? See how He scatters His lightning around Him bathing the depths of the sea. Job 36:26-30

     Job speaks of the wonders of God even though he suffered as much or more than anyone. He lost his wealth, his home, his children and his health. His friends offered no help, other than to ask what he had done to deserve all of it. Job never lost faith in his God. He understood the magnitude of this mighty God that rose above and beyond all of earth’s suffering. You can hear the agony in Job’s words in Job 19 as he scolds his friends and lists all he has suffered. And yet He trusts. At the end of his long list of trials, He praises.

I know that my redeemer lives and that in the end He will stand on the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God. I myself will see Him with my own eyes-I and not another. How my heart yearns within me! Job 19:25-27

Lord,
As we witness Your majesty in the skies, the seas and all of Your creation, we are reminded of Your eternal ways. Help us to rise above our suffering and trust the Almighty God of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Our hearts yearn, along with Job, to see You.
In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment