Thursday, August 13, 2015

Unexpected Prayer

     I don’t know about you, but before I really knew Jesus I did not pray much. There may have been a “forgive me” or a “help me” prayer, but they were few and far between. Before accepting Jesus as our Savior, I bet most of us only go to prayer when we are in trouble. For me, God was sometimes a benevolent figure and other times a vision of an old man in the sky watching for me to do something wrong.

     Instead, Jesus is within us, He is around us and best of all, He loves us. It still boggles my mind that the sovereign, omniscient and magnificent God of ours can use us. He loves nothing more than when we include Him in our everyday needs. Think of the most loving father figure you know on earth and imagine his heart for his children. Multiply that by a trillion and beyond. Jesus loves us that much.

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him?  Matthew 7:11

     Shoot out an unexpected prayer to Your loving Father throughout the day. He longs to be with you every step of the way. He will use you to bring glory to Jesus. He will answer your everyday needs. Your faith pleases Him.

And without faith it is impossible to please God, for anyone that comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.  Hebrews 11:6

Father,
Thank You for loving us, for using us, for listening to us. We earnestly seek You throughout the day with unexpected prayers and praise. You love to answer our prayers.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment