Friday, August 7, 2015

His Perfect Love

     A perfect kind of love, an unconditional kind of love, a sacrificial kind of love, God in human form kind of love, a suffering servant kind of love, a heaven-sent kind of love; all of the above was given for us, even while we were still sinners.

But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

     Turning 60 puts life in perspective. I recognize the fact that I have many more years in my past than in my future. I pray that age brings wisdom and an acknowledgment of what is most important in the years ahead. I understand I have the perfect love of Christ with me.

     Living in relationship with Jesus should cause each of us to look and act more and more like Him. Have I changed in my attitude towards others? Am I acting out in love? Do I need to be right or can I humble myself to listen to the needs of others? Do my family, friends and neighbors know Jesus? Am I praying for those not yet in His family?

    Only those things we do for the kingdom of God will travel with us into heaven. We won’t be playing harps and sitting on clouds forever. We will have so much to do and we will have the entire universe as our playground. Focus on Jesus. He will give you the answers to life. His perfect love is yours for eternity. Let’s put our lives into His hands for as long as we live. 

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He. I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Psalm 16:4

Jesus,
Teach us Your wisdom. Teach us the vital lessons we need to live a life of purpose. Show us what is most important to You. Help us to leave a legacy of love. Thank You for being with us for as long as we live on earth and into our eternity with You.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment