Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Just Believe?


     Can it be so simple? The Gospel tells us the good news of Jesus coming to earth to save us. Now what? If you believe it is true, and I pray you do, all he asks of us is to accept his grace-filled, sacrificial gift. That’s it. Don’t let anyone add to or take away from this truth. The thief next to Jesus on the cross believed right before his death, and Jesus promised him they would be together in paradise!

     If you are tired of living life on your own, trying to figure things out, if you feel guilt or shame, wouldn’t it make sense to rely on the Creator of the world? The one offering forgiveness with unconditional love, sacrificial love beyond any earthly love we have had or will ever share? If you realize you need a Savior, tell Jesus you believe in him. Humble yourself before him and seek His forgiveness and ask for new life in Him. He meets us exactly where we are. Ask him into your life and when you seek him, he promises you will find him. Here are two Scriptures of reassurance. Just believe!

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him will not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16

     Did you notice the verse above says “whoever?” That’s us.

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

     If you profess your faith with your mouth and believe it in your heart, you WILL be saved. A life forever in heaven. Why would anyone turn it down?

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Romans 10:10

     If you are ready, pray the following prayer, believe it deep in your heart, and you will be adopted into the family of God!

Dear Jesus,

I need you in my life. I humble myself before you, asking you to forgive my sins, past, present and future. I believe that you died for me, that you were buried and that you rose again on the third day. I ask you to be my Savior, to seal me with your Holy Spirit and to give me your peace that passes all understanding, to walk with me through the rest of my life and to give me the promise of eternal life. Thank you, Jesus.



     If you have believed, professed your faith and accepted Jesus as Savior, welcome to the family of believers! Remember, there is no work we can do to earn it, nothing of our own volition. It is a true gift. Read these beautiful verses.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

     There is no greater gift. Amazing grace! Amazing God!

1 comment: