Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Journey


     I recently searched through and perused some of my writings from years past. I realize that much of my most prolific times of writing have come both during and after times of great suffering. Suffering offers us hard-earned life lessons. Life throws so much at us and as we go through the tough times, it can seem impossible to see a way out, or to find a beacon of hope.

Jesus taught me the most valuable lessons through these times. I learned to trust. I learned to hang on to hope. I relied on friends and family in ways I might not have had things continued to be comfortable and easy. We can carry each other’s burdens. And the God of hope travels along with us, opening our eyes to spiritual truths, to an eternal perspective, to a life beyond.

If you are navigating a time of trial, reach out to Jesus with hope.

 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for, and assurance of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1



Jesus,

Thank You for the hope you bring to us and thank You for celebrating with us through the joys of life and staying close by our side through the difficult days. We can always find peace and hope when we trust in You.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment