Thursday, April 27, 2017

The Journey


My mom died the day after my wedding.  The final stages of cancer left her in the hospital the week of and during our special day. Walking through that grief as a newlywed left me helpless and left my husband wondering what to do with me. Throughout that time, I was diagnosed with an eye disease that would, one day, leave me legally blind, and my husband lost his job. All of the above left us floundering for answers.

Weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5b

I began to pray. This was the beginning of finding Jesus. I came to the end of myself and asked for help. God placed the right people in my life and sometimes slowly, but steadily, He has given me great opportunities to serve Him, such as leading crisis ministry teams and teaching Bible studies and now through the written word.

It is astounding for me to look back over what now spans thirty years of a deep and abiding marriage and a deep and abiding faith. Jesus has changed my life in so many ways. His purpose for me continually drives me with passion and joy. Much suffering has been a part of our family’s life over the years, but the blessings far outnumber them. And the craziness of it all has given me a strong and loving marriage as well as two amazing, beautiful, kind, awesome (you get the picture) daughters and one awesome son-in-law.

Hang on through the sorrowful times. Jesus will bring good from them. I saw a quote years ago when I was feeling down about the circumstances surrounding me and I have never forgotten it.

“If God removed the rocks, a brook would lose its song.” Author unknown.

I pray your song is making a beautiful melody today.

Lord,

I can only thank You for everything, all of it, difficult, delightful, and disastrous. You continue to give us difficult and necessary lessons along the way. I put my trust in You to get me through life’s journey, until one day, the tears, and the pain will be gone forever. Joy will remain.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment